Do you want to know if the DataCamp Premium is worth it? You should know about the DataCamp website, all its features, and the premium subscription. You will get to know what is the mission of DataCamp.
DataCamp is a company that provides an online learning platform for students to build data skills in their footsteps.
It offers 350+ courses in more than 10 different technologies, including Python, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, etc. it also provides training for every skill at every level.
Let us start!
Mission and Core Values of DataCamp Premium
The mission of DataCamp is to standardize data skills for every person. Most companies and teams use DataCamp to close the data skills gap and improve data-driven management.
DataCamp also provides a platform for learning analytics and data science.
Data science and analytics impact is speedily improving the aspects of our lives and business. We can learn how to work with our data efficiently by teaching data analytics.
No one can collect or analyze the data effectively if one does not have command over data analytics.
Data analytics are vital for the progress of every business. Standardizing the data skills for everyone is one of the core values of the data camp.
Some courses are free, and you must get a subscription for some systems.
Let’s talk about the DataCamp premium version.
Is DataCamp Premium Worth it?
Are you a DataCamp free user or paying for its standard subscription? If yes, then you have familiar with its usage. To upgrade your content subscription, you need to know if DataCamp Premium is worth it.
DataCamp premium is worth it, but you maximize the use of a standard plan to make sure that you understand all the concepts taught.
After completing the seven projects, you can subscribe to premium DataCamp. It is expensive, but its considerable project portfolio gives you priceless real-world experience.
Here is Need to Know, what is DataCamp Premium?
DataCamp premium is a top-level subscription for users. Usually, DataCamp offers three types of subscription levels, two of which are for businesses.
The following are the types of subscription levels:
- Free Subscription
- Standard subscription
- Premium subscription
For a free subscription, you only need to make a free account. It costs 0$.
For a standard subscription, you have to pay 300$ per year, which means 25$ for each month. On the other hand, you have to 29$ for per month payment.
At the premium subscription level, you pay 399$ for one year, which means 33$ for each month, but in monthly payments, you pay 49$ per month.
Comparison among the Subscription Level
Access to Courses
You can access only the first chapter in the free subscription, but you are eligible for all the courses in a standard and premium subscription.
You can complete only 7 projects in a free subscription, but you can complete all the projects available in standard and premium subscriptions.
Career tracks include courses, quizzes, and projects to make a strong base of data science. But you are not eligible for these courses in a free subscription.
Standard and premium subscription includes these data science courses also.
Challenges for Practice
There are no challenges available for practice in a free subscription, but there are unlimited practice challenges to practice your skills in standard and premium subscriptions.
Access to Mobile App
No mobile app access in a free subscription, but you can access DataCamp on your mobile through standard and premium subscriptions.
It is effortless and attractive to take classes on your mobile, and there are bite-sized exercises and everyday challenges that help you reach your goal faster.
Chat with Communities
DataCamp has online communities; you can chat with communities and get support. DataCamp has a community page that everyone can access, but this chat function with the community comes with paid plans only, such as standard and premium subscriptions.
Tableau, PoweBI, Oracle
These courses are available only on in premium subscription. You cannot get the content of this course in a free or standard subscription.
This is the best feature of the DataCamp using this feature, and you can select the course according to the skill you prefer to learn.
With a free subscription, you cannot use skills tracks. They are available in standard and premium subscriptions.
Only learning skills has no worth until you assess your skills. There is only one assessment in a free subscription, but you can determine your skills through unlimited assessments in standard and premium subscriptions. The questions of the evaluation depend upon the performance of the learner.
DataCamp offers a variety of live codes to its users, and you can choose these offers according to your need. These offers can be found on special occasions and regularly also.
These live codes are very beneficial for your skills progress. These are available only in the premium subscription.
Priority support has over 100 years of experience in IT. If a company consists of two employees or a multinational company, our services are according to your need.
It gives you guidance about your business and wants to know about it.
It asks you how you operate your business and the trouble points. This support is only achievable with a premium subscription.
Is DataCamp Premium Worth Extra Money?
If you are a beginner, you must spend your time on a standard subscription. With a standard subscription, you will get practical coding experience also.
When you complete your course, there are coding challenges to work on, and you will attend live-code-along sessions.
In a standard subscription, you will get seven projects to complete. A standard subscription is enough for most beginners to learn and practice.
After completing all projects and practicing tasks in a standard subscription, you should use a premium subscription to take advantage of all its features.
According to the learning style of DataCamp, “you learn best when you get a chance to apply what you learn quickly.”
They provide short exercises and follow video lessons quickly. DataCamp students govern its students to practices and work projects so that they can apply what they learn.
10 Alternatives to Datacamp Subscription
Looking for alternatives to a Datacamp subscription? You’re in the right place! We’ve rounded up the top 10 alternatives so you can compare and pick the best one for your needs.
- edX: This massive open online course (MOOC) platform offers high-quality courses from some leading universities and institutions. It’s a great option if you want to learn at your own pace, with interactive tutorials and assessments.
- Codecademy: Codecademy is a free online learning platform that gives users access to coding lessons, challenge activities, and projects to help them master their coding skills. You’ll have access to all kinds of web programming language courses taught by experts in the field.
- Coursera: With over 3,500 courses from top universities and industry partners, Coursera is a comprehensive educational tool for all levels of learners. From computer science to music theory, this platform has something for everyone who wants to learn or enhance their current knowledge base.
- Udemy: Udemy houses courses in tech-related topics and business, personal development, and self-improvement topics like photography and entrepreneurship. With lifetime access to lectures through videos or audio-only lectures, this one is perfect if you want flexibility with when and how you learn new skills.
- Treehouse: Treehouse isn’t just about coding—it also provides design and business skills lessons! Many of its offerings are organized into paths that group related skills together that will get you up to speed on specific topics as quickly as possible while providing helpful guidance every step!
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy’s mission is “to provide a free, world-class education for anyone anywhere.” It offers math tutorials with step-by-step explanations and practice problems that allow users to test their understanding after completing each lesson—without any prior experience required!
- Code School: Code School specializes in web development but offers many other tech-related topics such as iOS development, Ruby on Rails, databases, etc. Scored challenges let users measure progress against their peers through leaderboards.
- FreeCodeCamp: As the name implies, this website offers a free curriculum filled with resources, practice exercises & more – allowing its user’s entry-level skills & knowledge necessary for getting into software development work!
- Pluralsight: Pluralsight is not free, BUT they offer discounts, sometimes making it cheaper than most other options. Here you’ll find video tutorials & interactive learning modules with detailed instructions perfect for aspiring developers!
After reading this, you will get the answer, is DataCamp premium worth it? You will also learn what DataCamp Premium is and its learning style.
By reading users’ reviews, we can say that it is the best website to learn data analytics and science because you can also access the app on your mobile phone.
You can watch course content at any time and anywhere you want. This is the greatest revolution in technology to learn data skills at home while practicing abilities.